Sr. Manager – Research Unit
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Senior Manager for its Policy and Research team to support research and analysis on implications for US federal and state policy on prescription drug prices and spending.
The individual will report to the Deputy Vice President, Policy and Research and will work closely with staff across the organization to support development of PhRMA policy positions and strategy. This role requires extensive collaboration across PhRMA and with member companies.
The Senior Manager will:
- Produce and contribute to a broad range of policy and advocacy materials on policy proposals, drug pricing and patient access, and federal and private health care programs, ensuring all advocacy materials reflect the strongest evidence and analysis;
- Collaborate with and support the communications team on development of PhRMA press materials and background information on policy impacts;
- Monitor, analyze and distill academic literature, government data, and other publicly available information on policy ideas and development, drugs costs, coverage, and spending, working in coordination with the Policy team;
- Assist with in-house estimates and assist with overseeing external analysis of impacts to prescription drug coverage from policy proposals.
- Assure rapid response to requests for information about policy impacts from member companies, PhRMA leadership, and colleagues, under tight timelines;
- Develop strong relationships with member companies, consultants and colleagues PhRMAwide to understand advocacy goals/objectives and manage issues proactively.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive self-starter who is passionate about access to medicines and contributing to the healthcare challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include strong interpersonal skills and team focus paired with the ability to work independently and under short
timelines. The preferred candidate will bring expertise in healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry research, familiarity with analyzing economic and quantitative data, and be focused, organized, detailoriented, responsive and diplomatic. The successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly and be comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Policy, Health
Policy or related field;
- 1+ years healthcare research and experience managing third party research efforts;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills and experience with statistical software, such as SAS;
- Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of HHS, Congress and federal health policy process;
- Experience in federal government or related advocacy environment.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $71.4 billion in 2017 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, PhRMAcademy lunch and learn sessions, presentation skills, performance management and other management/professional develop programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: