Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA’s) Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (SRA) team is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA).
The individual will report to and provide support to SRA’s Executive Vice President (EVP) primarily, as well as manage other administrative responsibilities to support the day-to-day operational requirements of the department.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for:
- Proactively supporting and preparing the EVP with a daily schedule, as well as materials or other information needed in support of that. Other material preparation can include correspondence, reports, meeting minutes (and may be asked to attend meetings where necessary) and mailing lists. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact regarding the EVP’s schedule and will be responsible for efficiently making/communicating any changes or adjustments.
- Coordinating meetings, appointments and conference calls including scheduling, sending invitations, arranging for equipment needs, setting up conference rooms, ordering and oversight of catering, coordinating and distributing materials, ensuring equipment is in working order and welcoming and escorting guests.
- Coordinating extensive travel arrangements, both international and domestic, for the EVP, as well as preparing expense reports.
- Ordering/facilitating the procurement of materials, supplies, stationary, business cards and/or any other collateral required for the department. Serve as a backup for front desk support (generally 2 hours per month). Additionally, serve as a resource for PhRMA in the event additional administrative assistance is required throughout the organization as business needs warrant.
- Preparing, coordinating and/or processing day-to-day operational requirements for the department as needed.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a collaborative, proactive, self-starter who has a strong team focus paired with the ability to work independently. The successful candidate for this role will be flexible and responsive, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to anticipate/prioritize needs and work effectively under pressure. This position is highly visible and both internally and externally facing; accordingly, the role requires exceptional professionalism, maturity, discretion and diplomacy.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- High school, some college preferred;
- 3 years of experience supporting a senior executive;
- Experience supporting departments with 15+ team members;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, such as meeting follow-up and other timely correspondence, etc.;
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy; confidence and presence in working with staff at all levels within PhRMA and with external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and quality;
- Excellent organizational skills; establish and maintain clear, efficient filing procedures and keep files organized and up to date;
- Highly-skilled at quickly re-prioritizing tasks and clearly communicating changes/adjustments;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, exercise sound judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential matters;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, social media platforms;
- Flexibility (as needed) to be available outside of normal business hours, e.g., for meetings/events that begin early in the day or that take place later in the day/evening.
- Experience working with vendor contracts and forms, purchase orders and invoices;
- Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree.
Overtime and travel may be required from time to time.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier, and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $600 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $71.4 billion in 2017 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, generous 401(k) employer contribution and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, health advocate service, back-up childcare, commuting and financial & estate planning benefits.
Certified as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable and having been named one of Washington’s Healthiest Employers, PhRMA provides a fitness subsidy, on-site fitness facility and fitness classes, an annual health fair and extensive employee wellness seminars, events and challenges.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities such as tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: