To download the full report, click here.
This report covers the results of a survey conducted in April 2017 by Princeton Survey Research Associates International to learn about consumers' awareness of and opinions about direct to consumer advertisements of prescription medicines.
- Viewership of DTC ads is widespread and recall is high
- Few specifically request a medicine they saw advertised and few receive
- DTC ads often prompt conversations about alternatives such as generics or lifestyle changes
- DTC ads prompt other behaviors, such as information-seeking and medicine adherence
- DTC ads are viewed favorably by many, particularly when informational aspects are emphasized