Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a System Engineer to join its Information Technology team. The Systems Engineer will maintain the organization’s on-premise and cloud infrastructure, contribute to new network and communications projects, and provide hands-on/white-glove support to our 250+ users in our DC headquarters, 12 small US regional offices, and 3 small international offices. This is a contract position through December 2020 with the potential to be hired as a full time PhRMA employee.
The System Engineer will:
- Support the ongoing maintenance of existing IT operations – network support and monitoring, back-ups, etc.
- Provide system administration (installation, platform support, monitoring and updating) for Microsoft technologies currently in use including: Windows Server 2003 through 2016, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy management, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Office365 and Azure
- Plan and deploy on premise technology infrastructure, including network and server administration, device management, telecommunications, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting on IT systems;
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of systems by proactively monitoring and acting on service impacting issues
- Coordinate with multiple service providers
- Prepare and maintain systems and processes documentation
- Provide a high-level of Tier 1, 2 and 3 customer support
- Support a mixed client Windows and Mac environment
- Be available after-hours and on weekends to facilitate network and systems upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency network problems
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 8+ years of hands‐on system administration experience with the following: Windows network support including Active Directory/DHCP; O365; Routers/Switches/Firewalls; antivirus, Microsoft server/software support; VoIP, remote access solutions (VPN, Citrix, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network‐wide file system layouts
- Experience in both on premise and Azure computing platforms
- Ability to handle multiple service providers and ensure collaboration among them
- Experience working in a mixed Windows and Mac environment
- Familiarity with configuring, installing and supporting VMWare ESX and Azure RM virtualization platforms
- Familiarity with patch management, application packaging for deployment and vulnerability remediation/assessment
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with TCP/IP, NTP, TFTP, DNS, DHCP
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Meraki devices
- Experience with PowerShell
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply, click on the link below: