The Future of Health Care: Unlocking & Supporting Value
Today’s breakthrough medicines have transformed how we treat and cure some of the most complex diseases facing patients. Unfortunately, patients often have to fight to access these innovative treatments. In response to this issue, the movement toward a system that focuses on value and outcomes for patients has gained even more momentum in recent years.
On September 19, 2017, The Value Collaborative partnered with Bloomberg to convene CEOs, experts and thought leaders to discuss how stakeholders are working together across the health care ecosystem to unlock and support value in the future of health care. Panelists at the event talked about how groups are working together to better define value, what steps need to be taken to create an infrastructure that can support a value-driven system and what is currently being done to ensure that the movement toward better value for patients and the system continues amidst a changing policy landscape.
- Amy Abernethy, chief medical officer, chief scientific officer & senior vice president, oncology, Flatiron Health
- Delos M. Cosgrove, CEO and president, Cleveland Clinic
- Joaquin Duato, executive vice president and chairman, pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson
- Mark McClellan, Robert J. Margolis professor of business, medicine and policy and director, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University
- Harold L. Paz, executive vice president and chief medical officer, Aetna
- Stefano Pessina, executive vice chairman and CEO, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Ian C. Read, chairman of the board & CEO, Pfizer
- Gary M. Reedy, CEO, American Cancer Society, Inc.
- Stephen J. Ubl, president and CEO, PhRMA
- Drew Armstrong, health care reporter, Bloomberg
- Anna Edney, health regulation report, Bloomberg
- David Gura, anchor, television and radio, Bloomberg