Project Manager, IT Operations
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Project Manager for IT Operations to join its Information Technology team. The Project Manager for IT Operations will effectively deliver business results by collaborating with internal staff and consultants to scope, plan, and manage new technology projects, as well as provide support and coordination for ongoing IT operations.
The Project Manager for IT Operations:
- Is self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Develops project plans, including scopes, timelines, resource allocations, and budgets
- Manages and reports against risks, tasks, and deliverables
- Drives project related change management, as needed
- Recommends improvements to established business processes while continuing to deliver high value
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation
- Coordinates support for the technology team’s financial management, procurement, vendor/contract management, licensing, and administrative support services.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include technical project management experience, a team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment with a focus on utilizing cloud technologies where feasible.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Experience in the full lifecycle from conception through completion, including assessing business requirements, scoping, planning, resourcing, and budgeting technology projects
- Experience in managing, tracking, and reporting risks and deliverables
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects
- Is conscientious, analytical, and has strong attention to detail
- Exudes a strong client service attitude and leadership capabilities
- Customer focused, aware of the importance of end-user satisfaction
- Initiative and ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Experience facilitating communication between end users and technical staff/vendors
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation
- PMP, ITIL, etc. certifications are desirable.
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.