Office 365 Engineer
PhRMA is seeking an Office 365 Engineer who will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Office 365 features and functionality. The Engineer exhibits tactical and strategic experience focused on driving adoption of Microsoft O365 technologies. S/he tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve PhRMA’s needs. The Engineer performs ongoing administration and account maintenance of the Office 365 tenant, deploys new service offerings, resolves issues quickly, and automates operations where possible. This position is contract through December 2020, with the potential to hire.
The Engineer will:
- Ensure proper deployment, management, support and training of existing and new O365 service offerings.
- Serve as a knowledge expert on Microsoft O365 applications, advising on best practices of use and third-party integrations.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into appropriate technical solutions.
- Administer the O365 Portal and monitor for alerts, status, etc. from Microsoft.
- Respond and resolve to incidents and support requests involving the Microsoft O365 suite of products in a timely manner.
- Provide technology leadership in the management of centralized directories (such as LDAP, AD, AAD) to ensure flexible but granular security levels when applied to organizational data, system processes, organizational employees, and consultants/vendors.
- Develop, audit and enforce Information Rights Management (IRM) and Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) policies to protect organizational data.
- Ensure adherence to established data retention policies (DRP) while ensuring the availability of data for supporting e-Discovery requirements.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of security solutions to mitigate or stop potential impacts of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), malware, SPAM/Phishing across various attack vectors.
- Develop and facilitate training and documentation for new services or capabilities in Microsoft O365.
- Stay abreast of changes and new releases to the O365 suite, learning them, and implementing as appropriate.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive and action-oriented individual with a strong orientation toward customer service. Key success factors for this role include a strong team and collaborative focus, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non‐technical colleagues. PhRMA operates a mixed Windows and Mac workstation environment.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- At least five years of relevant work experience with Microsoft O365.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Microsoft O365 platform including advanced configuration, diagnostics, and implementation.
- Be able to develop and improve processes for repeatable implementation, customizations, and/or maintenance of Microsoft 0365 offerings.
- Manage Microsoft O365 and monitor service health.
- Evaluate Microsoft O365 capabilities and make recommendations for leveraging new features.
- Microsoft server administration background, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Assist in the architecture and administration of security policies encompassing all Microsoft O365 and Azure services.
- Experience with authentication methods (sign-on security, multi-factor authentication (MFA), device sign-on methods, manage authentication methods).
- Knowledge of SAML 2.0.
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility features, including: Intune (MDM), Azure Rights Management, Azure Active Directory, Azure ATP.
- Experience with Microsoft O365 identity (hybrid, cloud, B2B, B2C, AD Connect, Azure AD).
- Experience with data governance, Information Rights Management (IRM), and Data Leak Prevention (DLP) practices and methodologies (Retention policies, data governance reports and dashboards, Information holds, import data in the Security and Compliance Center, manage inactive mailboxes).
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft O365 technologies, including Exchange Online, Office suite (update rings, deployment, and usage), Office web apps, Teams, Office O365 Groups, SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business.
- Experience with search and investigation (Content search and eDiscovery, export content search results, and manage eDiscovery cases).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required with an ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong customer service philosophy and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships in a team atmosphere required.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell scripting technologies.
- Microsoft Certifications, such as Office 365 MCSA, MCSE
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.