Manager - Law Department
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking a Manager to lead the administrative operations of the PhRMA Law Department and to provide support to the Executive Vice President/General Counsel and additional members of the Law team.
The manager will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President/General Counsel, and several Vice Presidents and Law department staff;
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, conference calls, domestic and international travel arrangements, and maintain financial records (i.e. expense reports) for executives and departmental staff. Coordinate Continuing Law Education (CLE) program for department, as applicable
- Coordinate and manage the daily schedule of the Executive Vice President/General Counsel, which will at times include after-hours email monitoring;
- Provide oversight and help develop support staff in department; delegate tasks and offerguidance on projects and prioritization of assignments as needed
- Act as department operations and resource manager; tracking department projects, deliverables and deadlines. Assess staff needs across the department to ensure team members have the resources/assistance they need to be successful.
- Serve as lead liaison to all general counsel administrative staff in member companies, to include: coordinating scheduling, maintaining a database of member company participants, identifying appropriate legal resources, and efficiently moving documentation between PhRMA and member companies;
- Coordinate all correspondence and reports, and prepare informational binders and presentation materials for the Law Section Executive Committee;
- Prepare Federal Agency comment documents by thoroughly reviewing, editing, and formatting and then filing them with the Government;
- Lead the planning and coordination of logistics for departmental meetings and events, including with member companies and external stakeholders;
- Continuously identify ways to provide more efficient administrative processes.
Key Success Factors
PhRMA seeks a proactive, confident and action-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the health care challenges we face today. Key success factors for this role include a strong sense of team and collaborative focus. The preferred candidate will bring a strong level of flexibility and resiliency, and be an organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent editing skills. Demonstrated consensus building, decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential. This is a visible, fast-pacedposition that is both internally and externally facing. Accordingly, the successful candidate should be adaptable, able to reprioritize and shift gears quickly, able to anticipate needs of others, comfortable in a high-pressure environment and politically savvy, diplomatic, responsive, and mature.
- Previous experience working with financial administrative tasks, such as financial reports and processing invoices
- Ability to do some basic research; preferably have a basic understanding of legal research, processes and court filings
Who we are
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) represents the country’s leading innovative biopharmaceutical research companies, which are devoted to discovering and developing medicines that enable patients to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Since 2000, PhRMA member companies have invested more than $900 billion in the search for new treatments and cures, including an estimated $79.6 billion in 2018 alone.
Connect with PhRMA
For information on how innovative medicines save lives, please visit:
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.