Director of Unified Communications
PhRMA is seeking to hire a Director of Unified Communications who is responsible for telecommunications and meeting (audio/visual) technologies and services. The Director leads efforts with voice, video, chat, web conferencing, and soft phone solutions. The Director will stay abreast of organizational business changes, solution upgrades, and technology trends. This role supports VoIP technologies at company headquarters and remote domestic/international offices along with secure meetings, broadcast presentations, and large-scale conferences. This position provides both tactical hands-on user support as well as long-term strategic direction for UC systems. This position is contract through December 2020 with the potential to hire.
The Director will:
- Lead the efforts to forecast, plan, architect, implement, secure, and operate enterprise UC initiatives globally
- Manage telecommunications, audio & web conferencing, and automated meeting room technologies
- Foster highly collaborative relationships with leaders and business partners to identify requirements, set priorities, and successfully drive the strategy of the applicable technologies
- Research and recommend new products by keeping abreast of future technologies that could benefit voice and meetings platforms and the customer experience
- Deploy a new VoIP solution for both domestic and international offices
- Deploy MS Teams with audio conferencing for the organization
- Advise staff on best practices for meetings along with assisting in the execution of their more complex requests
- Manage vendor performance to ensure vendor agreements are being met
- Provide real-time assistance to staff and troubleshoot efforts in an on-demand function
- Provide training and webinars to internal staff and external partners.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff and external partners
- Provide a high-level of Tier 1, 2 and 3 customer support
- Be available after-hours and on weekends to facilitate upgrades and maintenance as well as address emergency issues
Key Success Factors
Professional Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Supervisory experience of at least 3+ years
- At least 7+ years of experience with VoIP and meeting technologies
- Experience with architecting, delivering, and troubleshooting UC related technologies such as telephony/voice mail, video streaming, video teleconferencing, enterprise web conferencing, Instant Messaging (IM), and Presence
- Experience with deployment, training, and ongoing management of VoIP technologies
- Extensive experience with VoIP solutions including Polycom equipment along with extensive web conferencing solutions, preferably MS Teams, Zoom and WebEx
- Experience supporting a variety of virtual events, including small secure collaboration meetings, large broadcasts and webinars, and large interactive events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings/presentations
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail
- Must be proficient in MS Office 365 Applications and Azure environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
Who we are
Connect with PhRMA
In addition to a highly competitive salary and bonus program, various opportunities for reward and recognition and a platform of extensive benefits, PhRMA is committed to the development and overall wellbeing of our team members. We offer traditional (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, LTC) and enhanced benefits such as parental leave, a wellbeing program, back-up care, health advocate service, employee assistance program and commuting benefits. We also offer a robust 401k plan with employer contributions upon the first day of hire and immediate vesting, a generous paid time off plan, seven paid holidays (plus inauguration day), half day Fridays preceding holidays and a paid winter break.
We are committed to the growth and development of our team members and offer many learning opportunities including an integrated on-boarding program, best-in-class leadership programming, tuition reimbursement at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, industry on-site and off-site training, and other management/professional development programs. Corporate social responsibility is also important to us at PhRMA. Our team members participate in organization-wide community service activities, fundraising drives and charitable athletic events.
We are committed to supporting our family of professionals at PhRMA and strive to create programs that help our team members manage the challenges of balancing a fast-paced career with their own personal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PhRMA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.